Food Glorious Food!

I was out with my friends sometime last week. Conversation suddenly turned towards food and I was exclaiming about the mouth watering fares available across Chennai. A friend quipped "Oi, you would eat so less. so don't talk". Another friend countered saying, "Hey you haven't had Ratzzz over at your place, I think. She stayed at my place for a week and I know how much she eats." :-D

Just because I am puny people think I peck on my food and don't realize how much of a foodie I am. For instance, my last trip saw me doing nothing but eating, eating, more eating, sleeping and did I mention eating? :-P When watching TV, playing cheeky bingo, whitewater rafting, whatever activity-- food must be within easy reach! Yummy food! To my joy, few of the best French cafe's were located on the same street as I stayed at.

Morning saw me walking into the Cafe Des Arts which also had an art gallery attached to it. I started with a humble looking Nutella Crepe and Tchai. Me and my friend well in love with that place so much that we ditched the idea of exploring the town and stayed back at the Cafe, eating, drinking, reading and in general relaxing. The Cafe waiter lady smiled each time we asked for the menu and started laughing when i called for the menu umpteenth time saying i am hungry :-P This was after numerous brown breads, scrambled eggs, couple of sunny side ups, crepes and so on :-D

I was so full that I limited myself to a plate of Biriyani and Raitha and slept off. Evening was a different case though. Fish and chips - Steamed Lemon and honey chicken - Rice - Vegetable Stew - Red Cabbage Coleslaw accompanied couple of drinks. My only complaint was there was no mayo to accompany the Fries :( :-D

Next morning was the usual fare. Dosais - Pooris - Sambar - Chutney - Watermelon juice. I may or may not have had French Toast and Sausages after that :-D Lunch was a homely affair of Virundhu Bhojanam - Sura Puttu - Chicken and Fish Curry. (Feast meals - Shark something).

and that was just a weekend. Yesterday I was sleeping over my siblings' place. My brothers decided to take me out for dinner. (it's another issue that I reached late night and none of us 3 were in the mood to cook) Malabar parotta - Chilli Chicken - Egg Burji - Sunny side up later I gobbled down 2 ice creams :-D The expression on my sweet bro's face was priceless when I asked for the second ice cream. I don't suppose he saw that coming :-P

Ok so why all this yapping about food?? I realized there are only few things that get me going and Food tops the list :-D and given I tweet more about food than anything else, why not write about it too...

Expect some more damage in that area very soon :D   

2 comments:

R's Mom said...

*Jealous jealous jealous* Firstly you mention all that food *Drool* and on top of that you mention that you are puny...Ratzzz wait till I come to Chennai ever...I will definitely take revenge..*in form of passing some fatness to you* :)

RamNarayanS said...

Ratzzz, Sure you didn't put on a month's worth of calories with all the hogging???

Me no comment on non-veg food, me vegetarian. :)