Top Ten Signs that You love your Job!

or as my clever close friend Santa calls me, WORKAHOLIC!

1. You leave a mattress and pillow in your office but never get around to use it. Because you are busy, you know... working.
2. You leave a set of clothes in your office. Or like in my case 3. What?? a set of formal, casuals and an Evening dress just in case I get invited to a party (umm ok, that is never happening)
3. You leave matching shoes for the above said clothes. Heh!! I just proved I am a girl, yes!! pumps fist in air
4. Opening a desk drawer will lead you to find enough junk food stash to survive an apocalypse.
5. Restaurant door delivery guys get confused when you ask them to deliver to your home address. I got a "But Madam, you are never there. Are you sure, you are there??" #facepalm.
6. You give your office address to your friends when they want to send you something, just because the courier guys can never find you at your home no matter what the delivery time is. #truestory.
7. You remember all your work passwords but can't remember your home WiFi's password, even if your life depends on it.
8. Your desk drawer is a mini-library of legal and work procedure books.
9. Your coffee-maker-turned-tea-steeper breaks down every two weeks and the service guy asks you to stop abusing it.
10. You breakdown and have to get medicated for depression when you take a "voluntary" work break of a 3 days. SOMEBODY-KILL-ME-KNOW!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola!!! How are you folks?? Yes, you two. The two poor souls who have subscribed to my sorry feed.

Life has been good. But you already know it, don't ya? Chennai is good and I am not trading it for any other city. I wanted to write here what all I did for the past 1 year. But me being me, can't collect what the eff, I was doing for past 1 year, heh let alone remember what I had for breakfast. Hey, wait! Did I have my breakfast?? umm, no idea...

Anyhow, Take care. Lets hope I don't vanish in thin air again :-)

23 comments:

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

obviously..i dont like my job based on this criteria
:s

Rajavanya Subramaniyan said...

Loving your job and depression ?!

Sudar said...

I know what you did for past 1 year - 49 photoshoots and 9 Workshops.
Lots of Quarells and some Movies :p

Gurgaonflowerplaza said...

good post…
Gurgaonflowerplaza.com

Ratzzz said...

@Roshan

Doc!!! You love your job. what are you even saying??!!

Ratzzz said...

@quakeboy

depression is when i dont work.
Read properly :D

Ratzzz said...

Sudar anna


shush!! why why manam vangifying? :P

Sriram said...

Missing your Chennai posts. Being out of Chennai for quite some time, this is something I look forward for. Hope you don't disappoint. :)

Anonymous said...

hey Rattz, came to ur blog through RM's blog.. seeing word chennai made me get struck to ur blog..
to tell u, even i have almost all the things u mentioned in my office draw.. starting from a set of dress, sandals, books, snacks, house documents, friends couriers reaching office and what not..i even have a set of greeting cards and small gifts, in case i need to send someone or forget somebody b'day in office and few sets of emergency medicines.

Smita said...

That much over worked?? And It has been a month that u posted which means you are back to working hard :)

Came Via R's blog!

Unknown said...

Very nice post...

http://www.deccansojourn.com

Anonymous said...

Amazing the visit was worth…
saadepunjab.com

Nachi said...

i guess i don't even figure on the working list going by your criteria...call me a bum.

:P

muthu said...

hmhm... that's quite a list. hihi... The last one took the crown. Now again, where are you working? Not in any theme park right. :P

Followed here from one of your old comments from my blog. Just started to blog after quite a break. Do visit -- of-course if you get to take a breath in-between your work. :P


www.average-everyday.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Amazing the visit was worth…
keralaflowerplaza.com

Unknown said...

Also I was very disheartened to see not one bit of technology in any classroom except the rural England one where there was a projector in the ceiling. Also the way the desks were arranged in a lot of the photos reflects a typical Victorian style shame to see this reflected across the globe.

Unknown said...


hello
your blog is seriously very good and i am
thinking about that since long time but
if any body want to know about the IT education
and the any exam information and if you want
to increase your skill please visit
---------------------

70-323

Unknown said...

Lovely…
Gujaratonnet.com

loverboy said...

Is there a person in this world ,who is happy with his job?

3mik

Anonymous said...

Some workaholism there! Hope it's going well for you.

Since you’re quite a keen blogger, I was hoping that you’d want to be part of the India Is Global Photography Challenge 2012. All you need to do is go through www.indiais.org and blog about it. By doing so, in words or pictures, you’ll help our team map India visually- through your experiences! Add the essence of what you feel about India, let your readers know about this global initiative and help us showcase India at its best!

Of course it’s got its benefits, like India Is goodie bags! Do participate in this initiative, and claim yours.

Looking forward to you joining us!

Anonymous said...

Nice one! I would modify this one line - Restaurant door delivery guys get confused when you ask them to deliver to your home address. I would say - Restaurant door delivery guys always know where to deliver food - to your office. I am one of the best detectives in Mumbai and the delivery guys know me and my office address only too well!

Unknown said...

Good

Unknown said...

Good