I know what I did this summer…

If not I then who else will know this secret… Lolzzz…. This summer was very different from my past seven summers, given I was at home for a change…. Last seven summers had seen me knee deep in some odd summer project, internship or looking after a particular assignment at work… this year was completely different with me travelling to my ancestral villages, some road trips, anxiety, fun and freedom….

I did enjoy this summer even though I longed for some serious work… I was shooting flora and fauna at my Dad’s village while I really wanted to bury my nose into some business documents… I let my hair loose in the wind when I must have otherwise bored my eyes editing some presentation works….

Well this break did change so much in me... i learnt to have a balance between work and fun /don't ask me what work... mom made a slave out of me.. sheesh/ i saw the workaholic in me fly away to oblivion... i even switched off my perpetually 'On' music player /ouch.. i don't even remember the last time i charged my iPod/ and the highlight, the fights between me and my parents has reduced considerably... /and the spare holler sessions we have in need of practise are so intense that the whole sleeping colony assembles at our door... free movie... :-D/  

and the fun things i did to beat the summer ??? :-P dug into melons... Red juicy ripe ones... i hit the pit before the pips hit me... and invented new mocktails out of ginger, mint, coriander, oranges and mangoes... Found out the harder way that mango goes great with vanilla icecream and not so good with dark chocolate... /a messed up kitchen and even more messed loo will stand witness for that :-P /

and now.. its a fresh start... new beginnings... and Hope keeps me going on.... :-)

P.S : not to mention the freah start includes a movie marathon (not animation or kids) and a victorian thriller (something i never tried before)... Life ROckzzzz...

11 comments:

Mampi said...

Guess you are heading towards a healthier lifestyle.
Congrats!!!

Satish N said...

Balance between work and life is an art and one who masters that art is the one who is blessed. Good that you have started learning that art and may you master it and pass on the secret to me as well :)

Vasu said...

Mocktails are one of the most hopeless things in the world :P neways ensoy maadi :)

Saim said...

gr8:)
a journey to the roots is always a welcome change to this hectic life!!!

Keshi said...

Rat, it's the best way to live. Balancing it all.

And, I know what u did last Winter too lol!

Keshi.

Ratzzz said...

@ Mampi


thanks dear... hope this phase continues.. :-)

Ratzzz said...

@ Sathish..

wen i master it , i ll take lecture sessions and charge 100$ per head...:-P well free for u thoug , coz u gave me the idea :-)

Ratzzz said...

@ VASu...

yeah..Dad said the same.. but he wont let me touch liquor though :-P

Ratzzz said...

@ Saim...

its a great journey nevertheless...

and hey ur comments is acting up funny.. i am not able to post a comment on ur page

Ratzzz said...

@ KEshi....

no u dont.. lolzz... dont we all know wat do daily :-D

Unknown said...

I want to bring up, as a great skin care site skin whitening because if you need a brighter skin tone it will help.