So there...

Last week was ummm... if i say hectic that wud be a pretty understatement..

After 2 years:
Last weekend I was off to Chennai... the main agenda on the card was a trek trip to Nagalapuram.. but the weekend also saw me catching up with my lovely friend Malar after 2 years.. no points for guessing that i was staying with her too...

I did so many thing that I thrived on doing during my Chennai days...  the list includes visiting a Spencer's Daily mart, visiting Odyssey (my fav. book shop), eating prawn curry, paying over Rs.100 for an auto ride /*seriously i never paid over Rs.20 at Indore :( , eating Caramel Popcorn, eating Ghee mini-idly, buying a strand of Shenbaga poo and so many other things... i also checked out a new restaurant "Daawat".. the butter chicken masala and Biriyani is a total hit... goes into my must visit again list..

The Trek: 
Nagalapuram and the hills near,are a complete paradise by themselves.. its so unexploited and away from the dust and smog of the concrete jungle... the water is so pure that i didnt feel like getting out of the pool even after a hour long of soak... and it was a complete surprise that i didnt catch cold as i feared... the Water is magic, i say.. Met a quite a few new nice people... :P no eye candy though :(

Work calls: 
I was on the return bus to Hosur, only to miss a call from a new company.. return calls, sample work, more calls and i am employed now... not that i need a job now... but i do really want to get out of home now... i was getting too comfy with Mom and Papa pampering me at any beck and call... and also i miss hanging out with friends, the beach and mostly COFFEE... Papa says no no to coffee, so now i get all the chance...

Me, the Mannequin: 
If you were following me on Twitter, you would probably know that i was designing a silk saree along with my Mom... well i got the right occasion to wear it too... i am now at my native, which u had a taste here and here... that trip was mainly a soul searching trip and i was all alone then.. now i am here with my whole family (minus my brother)... a local temple festival and i get to wear the saree.. my only prayer "Please let not be any guy-seeing-ceremony there".... please please...


Momma Rat:
i reached my native today and was cleaning out my bedroom... it is kept locked eversince my last visit... As i opened my wardrobe , out came flying A CAT!!!... no not the Katzzz (though i wont say no to him hiding in my ward-robe :D) I wore my Sherlock Holmes cap to find a couple of cute kittens underneath the ward-robe... the momma cat returned to carry away the kittens but left one back though.. i dunno why... i was the kitten's secret keeper so that my anti-PETA dad doesnt find it out... the kitty was whining so badly that i fondled it... i could sense its hunger but couldnt do anything... the Kitty was barely a day old and hadn't opened its eyes even :( a part of me wanted to keep the kitten for myself but i also knew the need of its momma...

at around 6 pm the Momma Cat returned though... only i cudnt witness it carrying away the kitty.. i was attending a call and mom called out that my kitty is gone... i somehow feel happy that i didnt actually see it.. maybe i would have felt bad had i seen the Kitten being taken away from me.. :-)

Yup i notice that i have typed this blog with sub-titles... blame it on my sleep-less-ness and throbbing headache... So there

13 comments:

Chan said...

luks like the rat scavenged on lot of things :P

Arv said...

Glad you had a good time :)

Arjun said...

:)

Wish i had frnds in Chennai... i have relatives there... but damn.. i want frnds :)

Wanna check out places n eat a lot there.. ;)

And kool.. u had a good trip ... n good luck for the saree thing :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Nachi said...

...hide me in your wardrobe, will ya!! :D

i told ya, the Cat Gods shall bless thee for thy kind act. RP confirms the same.

Chennai sounds good. at least the prawn curry and butter chicken and biryani (*sigh* guess i am just hungry as i type).

and ditto on the weekend hike. you have already seen the outcome of my little 'run away' experience.

lol!! much love on the rest...now that you have a job (one that you don't really need) you can buy cool stuff for me!!

:D

Satish N said...

Looks like a super dooper weekend you had. Rat nursing kittens is something new to this world, but still we believe you ;-)

I wish I too can go back to chennai forever, hope god hears my request loud and clear.

btw- happy friendship day :)

Anonymous said...

now i wanna meet my old mates too :)

Ratzzz said...

@ chan..

ha ha ha.. yeah the rat did!

Ratzzz said...

@arv

:-) yeah anna

Ratzzz said...

@ arjun...

now u have me rite?? come here, we will hang out a lot... :-)

saree tryst lasted for just 15 mins yaar.. :-) great escape

Ratzzz said...

@ nachi...

come come, i ll hide u well.. or u need my fridge?? :P

say thanks to RP :D

Ratzzz said...

@satish...


u have to believe me yaar.. i even have proof (thanks to my camera addiction :P)

hey: happy friendship day..

Ratzzz said...

@chriz

come to india then...

Ratzzz said...

@ arshiya

Thanks dear