Top 5 reasons to Hate my Laptop...

Its a Birthday, today! No no, not mine... Not even my blog's... and no not my Little sister's either....

But it's three years since i brought my Laptop(LT) and its the one celebrating its birthday... my snobbish condescending LT... while everyone goes ga-ga over their PC's and Laptop's, i plainly hate mine...


5. The Hard disk - 40 GB.. come one, even a pre-KG kid needs atleast 100 GB  to work with.. with so so many software to be installed, so many Games to be played and so so many Favourite movies to be stored and watched... 40 GB is not just enough..


4. Obsoleteness - i took my lofty piece to a Laptop service centre the other day... i wanted the RAM to be upgraded... you can sense my embarrassment when the he said "Medam,  This is a DDR 1 model.. its very old... they dont even make these anymore.." ummm yeah rite.. *its a different story that i didn't understand wht he was trying to say...* i just took back my LT


3. i dont know why this happens to me... this sluttish Keyboard gets hung up every 15 mins.. and esp. the Shift... lord knows wat's the problem.. it gets stuck and SUDDENLY EVERY THING IS IN CAPS!!!! UGh oh...


2. My model is that bulky thing with a internal fan and everything.. so it's not exactly a LAPtop... just try to keep it on your lap for 10 continuous minutes, and you 'll be running off with scalded thighs... Ouch!!!


1. And someone was right when he said Laptop are People too.. i tell u, my LT has a mind of its own, seriously! just try to leave my LT on its one for a couple of weeks without turning it on or using it, *sheesh! that sound so naughty* and it 'll invite you with a high pitched ear drum tearing sound when you turn it on next time.....


So, you say... don't you hate my LT too... but Poor me, i am STUCK with this insolent, haughty, audacious, conceited thingy...

27 comments:

Unknown said...

5. The memory - 40 GB..
It is a decent amount of memory.. There are lot of organizers that can keep the machine clean.. How many times have you de-fragmented your drive for better performances?? And how many software of those you use are legal?? Is there any distribution that allows one to store a movie on laptop?? Don blame 40 gigs for ur illegal activities.. :P

4. Obsoleteness -
It is the problem with the shop you went not with the LT.. Heard about mainframes?? Type your RAM model name in google shopping search to find one.. :P

3. Keyboard
Tried cleaning your keyboard?? pallae theikatha un kitta keyboard clean panniyanu kaetutaena.. saary.. :P USB KB Cleaner

2. internal fan
ha ha ha.. you want a laptop with external fan?? better you be the 'fan'!! And brand new laptops also gets heated up.. Especially DELL.. There is a specification for room temperature.. Make sure you are in right ambience..

1. high pitched ear drum tearing sound
sounds like you bhagi!!

don expect a cycle rickshaw to compete with tata sumo!! (are you a SRK fan??) what you have is a personal laptop.. use sensibly :P

Amit said...

hahah...it happens....my 3 yr HP laptop ditched me 2 days before coming to Aus, i had to get a new one - acer in just one day!

Cheers!
Amit

Chan said...

Guess time to change..

Satish N said...

Being an architect, I cannot tolerate silly mistakes like this ;-))) and I would like to correct my good friend that there is a difference between MEMORY and HARDDISK capacity. If you are having a 40GB (Memory) that is sooper dooper fast in the Server world, so make that change to Hard Disk and the rest of the points you have just said, make me feel like you are the one who has stolen Flintstone's laptop, so please return in back to him and you better buy a new one :))))))

Vasu said...

ha ha.. i got a 1TB hard disk last month only. Dunno what to do with all tat space :P enna kodura template idhu? kannu valikudhu :(

Anonymous said...

lol.. every 6 months all software and hardware versions become old!

and btw, that chesse-pic on your blog looks soooooooooo yummmmmmieeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

trying new food stuff ?

Nachi said...

@ Rat:...you mean a DDR 1 RAM & a 40 GB Hard Disk!! :P

@ Vasu: 1 TB hard disk!!! OMG!!! give it to me... :D

Richa said...

phew!!

My lappie is nt even 2 and its probs..

i have gotten its Motherboard changed twice!! imagine!!

the keyboard is upto wat i never know, when ii want to type @it types " and vice versa :(

the windows need a refresh every 2nd month

the heat controller has been changed as well and it still isnt working properly

the wifi thing is permanently problematic :(

Arv said...

Lappies are not built for easy upgrades...

desktops rule... at least for gamers like me :P

WritingsForLife said...

well i cant help but think if it is really the poor laptop's fault that it is old or that is doesnt have enough memory, you were the one who bought it! :-D

and yeah... all laptops have a mind of their own. PCs dont do that to you, only a laptop can drive you THAT nuts.. hehe

Anonymous said...

gone were those days of 356 kb floppy disks..

Keshi said...

I hated my last laptop so much I put it in the bin!

Keshi.

Ratzzz said...

5. The memory - 40 GB..
Don blame 40 gigs for ur illegal activities.. - lookie whose talking???

4. Obsoleteness -
RAM model - apdeena enna strict opicer?

3. Keyboard
USB KB Cleaner - nee vena india varrache idha vaangitu va

2. internal fan
right ambience - and i tot laptops wr designed to be used anywr.. how crude of me.. i ll build a AC room..okva??? PodaPoda

1.sounds like you - en solla maate

Ratzzz said...

@amit...

my Lt hast ditched me yet.. Fingers crossed :P

Ratzzz said...

@ Chan..

:( i know...

Ratzzz said...

@ satish..

yeah rite flint-stones!! i am alright to return it to him, if u buy me a new one, uncle :-P

Ratzzz said...

@ VAsu..

dont make me jealous... and loose kanadi potuko :P

Ratzzz said...

@Tamilers...

lollu thaane... do i write something in tamil or tamil cinema??? Comedy pa

Ratzzz said...

@ random tots...


thanks mate.. and hey i love cheese. thats y d pic... a rat that doesnt love cheese - how's that possible

Ratzzz said...

@ Nachi

yeah same :-P

Ratzzz said...

@richa...

ah u make my probs sound so so nothing dear.... :-)


he he he he

Ratzzz said...

@ Arv

lolzzz... i am a non gamer.. the only thing i play is solitaire :P

Ratzzz said...

@raaji


lolzzz.. and yeah the looks i get, wen i struggle with my Lappy says me i am insane :-(

Ratzzz said...

@ chriz

floppy disks?? apdeena ennanga chriz :P

Ratzzz said...

@Keshi

if i did that, then how will i visit ur blog dear :-(

Naina said...

Hey Rat..

missed youuuuuuuu... and I am back to blogging.. will be back to read you.and will try and catch up with all that I have missed..

cheers.
Kajal (The Pink Orchid)

Ratzzz said...

@ Kajal

hey welcome back dear... love to have u have u back...

i visited ur blog alright :)