Gagged and thrown askew...

Had to be at Bangalore for the past 7 days with Pop being suddenly ill... i shud have realized this is gonna be an one helluva week when i saw the following hoarding somewr along the NH-7 near Hosur...
XYZ - Logistics and Whorehousing 
i was sipping some water and spluttered instantly... this hoarding on the National Highway and no one noticed so far??? WTF!!  the one moment i regretted for not carrying the camera.. #sighs... was staring out at every hoarding after that.. pretty me...

Pop was in ICU that means i had to burn my ass on the Hospital corridor and run around like a headless chicken everytime Pop's name came over the hospital speaker... needless to say, most of the time i took out my ideapad and sat processing some click or doing stuff.. No connectivity inside the hospital :(  This made me a curio item with every security fella passing me every 5 mins just to take a peek into the screen... one fella said "Computer?" everytime he crossed me... mind you i hate the word "computer" now.. You will too have u been subjected to the word like 300 times every day for 7 continuous days :-|

actually the Laptop brought me closer to the security guards, who started allowing me to visit Pop even though no one was allowed into ICU... he he he he.. me and my charm!! #EKSI

and i was rechristened "Sandwich Madam"... there wr these CCD counters at each floor and i would go ask for a sandwich around dinner time daily... dunno abt my luck but they ran out of sandwiches every single day... the final day when i was leaving hospital the counter fella came running "sandwich madam, sandwich madam, we have Chicken Mayo today"... umm *facepalms* this in front of hundreds on patients and visitors :-\

Language barrier was another thing.. u shud have seen me dancing like a "boom-boom maadu" every time someone started off in Kannada.. Pop's Doctor was the best, even after clarifying several times that i understand no Kannada, he insisted speaking in Kannada to me and in English to my Mom... errrmm shud i say Mom understands no English.. #grammargandu :D

One nurse went further, she insisted my mom that i can understand Kannada.. mom was stunned and asked "since when??" *facepalms*

Perhaps the highlight of the whole saga was this interesting Male nurse with an even more interesting name...
Actually me being me was reading through Pop's treatment chart and taking notes to consult Google baba to understand stuff... This nurse came over and started asking stuff about me... ahem the fella was tall, cute and ahem ahem sweet... so i was flirting along.. that was till he took out his name tag from his pocket... i balked and moved away within seconds... You would too had you seen the tag.. who in the world will name his kid as "Dildo Raj"... Duh!! oh wait, will u?? seriously?? :D like how did he survive college?? oh wait he was a Malayali... :D

sighs... i am going back once i am free, the roadside trees and flowers are beautiful, i say...

18 comments:

How do we know said...

wow.. this must have been one hell of a difficult situation, but i love the way you have put it here.. all humour and none of the pain.. u r a very brave girl..
And heres wishing ur dad a speedy recovery.

Matangi Mawley said...

:) nicely worded...

Vinni said...

LOL! You serious about dildo raj? Mallu's have such names? WOW!

How did he ever survive that one? And you flirting with a dildo, I cant think of any name for it but corny!

http://vinni.co.in

Satish N said...

One prime reason I hate Bangalore and its people is this. They very well know that the opponent does not know kannada, still they will talk in that language. Those kind of jerks pisss me off and me being me, know that they also know tamil and is refusing to talk, so udane, thamila la enakku terinja ketta vaartha renda ... avan kaadhu pada solluven .... I enjoy his reaction then :) goiyaale ... yaarkitta :)

The Pseudonym said...

seriously, "Dildo Raj"? I surely would need proof of that "SANDWICH MADAM!!!"

Chan said...

Funny post...But seriously we shud hv all kinds of people to make life interesting...
Wishin ur dad a speedy recovery!!

Anju said...

I really hope your dad feels better soon! sorry to hear that he's in the ICU.
Love how you bury the anxiety under all the rants! Take care!

Aarti said...

This is what is called looking at the brighter said of life i guess!hehe..

Hope dad is feeling alright now..:) Gosh, how much i laughed reading that male nurse's name that day on twitter! to think his parents named him that..

Nice to see u bloggin again

gils said...

!!! dildo raj!!! OMG...his parents screwed him up for life!!!

gils said...

!!! dildo raj!!! OMG...his parents screwed him up for life!!!

gils said...

!!! dildo raj!!! OMG...his parents screwed him up for life!!!

zephyr said...

Wish your father a speedy recovery.

You have beautifully covered your anxiety with humour. I especially loved the 'whorehousing' hoarding. you'd be surprised at the bloomers on signboards and hoardings.

At last I find a blog by a youngster whose language I can understand! Good stuff. Write more often. I am adding you to my blogroll. Thanks for visiting my blog. Keep coming!

Gangadharan said...

hi, sandwich madam. gr8 work.

RamNarayanS said...

LOL. In spite of some misery, you seem to be having some fun. :)

@Satish - Don't offend Bengalureans and why are you calling them 'opponents'? [As if the folks on the other side of the border are any better! :-)]

Anonymous said...

I hope your dad's better now.

Terrible about the way these people behaved so inconsiderately when you could have done with some support...

TheUncanny said...

First time here..u got a nice blog here..hilarious post this..esp, dildo Raj..LOL..I have my knuckles in my mouth! poor guy

Beauty and the BEast said...

It takes grit to find humor in a situation which pleads to be devoid of any!

And you seem to have found it by the truckload :O

Says a lot about you! And even more about the crazy world we live in :P

Trust you to interlace laughter and hope in the most hillarious possible way!

Wish your dad a speedy recovery!

zephyr said...

Hey Ratzzz, your post had set me thinking about young people living away from their parents and the change in form of joint families. And I wrote about it -- all in praise of generation Y. I would like your comments. :)