Dates - not just the sweet one...

I really wanted to give it a number but seriously there are way too many to count them... I understand that first dates can be pretty awkward and blind dates even more corny... but few of mine take the cake and have made me go meh!! and few, they just linger in my mind and bring on a smile every time I am reminded of it..

Doctor Boy
..Or so what he was introduced as... his cousin was a good friend of mine.. we were introduced over phone calls and got talky over text msgs.. ok ok don't roll your eyes, we were young and tacky then... so one fine day he asked me out and i accepted... when asked how to recognize him, he said he will be wearing a black and white shirt like a chess board... i really dunno when in the world they made a chess board like this..

Lucky enuf i was a "Tota" of the day and wearing a bling bling green dress and we met.. Marina Beach it was... Let me tell you it is a very bad idea for a first date... I ticked him of my list the moment he opened his mouth.. Mind you guys, give the betel nut a miss when you are meeting a girl for the first time in your life.. then we sat for sometime without talking when i announced i had to leave as i had an early class the next day... on the way, he asked if i wanted to eat something.. Seriously i thought he was being nice as the date was a disaster so far... so i settled for the "Chat" he offered.. then came the bomb, "Hey Listen Ratzzz.. can u finish and pay the bill.. i have to take off as my friends are waiting at the other side of the beach"..

Me - well i just dumped the plate on his shirt by "accident" :D

PwC Guy
coz he calls me the TIL girl... :D It was a chalo-lets-go-on-a-lunch wala date... He was a colleague, well almost he was an on-site support from PwC.. New to Indore and bored to hell, he asked me to take him out... Lunch was normal but the conversion flow was good and we were warming up... Next step which really made me like him was the session at my fav book shop..



It was a saturday and the shop was pretty empty... we duly plonked ourselves on the floor and had a great time; discussing books, recommending books for each other, reading lines out of our favorite books... any guy who talks to me about books ranks high on my list and PwC fella still ranks the highest... Happily enuf he is still a close buddy and i am damn sure he will read this more than anybody else out there...

Me: :D and hey in btw Thanks to Hussain Haidry's Papa for bearing us... It was his book shop.

Started this post to list down worst dates of my life.. but then again wanted to chuck out all those stupid memories so changed it... Now me goes, laterzz... :D

12 comments:

How do we know said...

i smiled all thru this post.. NICE!!!

RamNarayanS said...

Fun and devious. :)

Amit said...

Hilarious.....

tejuvinay said...

lol, that doctor guy is pretty shrewd. Ditched you with ease and that too with your money :P. no offense :)

btw, one hellova template. Is it a chapter from Satuared Hydrocarbons ? :P

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

its always better to remember the good times.. was going thru old emails which were basically chronicles of my life.. felt real down seeing what a rocky road its been

Anju said...

That's an awesome post! I love it that "doctor boy" has become a generic term! I wish I could do a post like this - unfortunately, most of the ones I'd write about still stalk my blog :D

Ratzzz said...

hdwk - thanks girl.. glad to make u smile

Ratzzz said...

rammm - the devil me :D

Ratzzz said...

Amit - lolzz thanks man

Ratzzz said...

UT - he was!! duh!! my bad...

and yup.. it is actually my friend's PHd notes :)

Ratzzz said...

Doc : Hugzz i can understand.. i have stored ur texts and read them everytime i need some smiles :) thanks

Ratzzz said...

anju - the exact point of being anon... none of my ex's know this page :P well almost :D