Sinfully Yours - Anger

Amon - Anger

Have been putting off this post for a long time now! but something that happened today made  me angry again and I need to get it out of me...

Sometime back, i was returning from a day out with my friends and it was late in the evening.. REPEAT, evening, NOT late night... I was on phone and walking in one of the streets leading to my house... a middle aged guy was coming towards me on a bike and suddenly noticed he was making an obscene hand gesture.. i realized he was trying to touch me inappropriately and i jumped away in time.. all i could do was shout cuss words against him... what irked me more was, it wasn't even dark and people were standing along the streets, who obviously behaved as if they say nothing :|

This is not the first time it happened to me... one idiot had spanked me inappropriately couple of years back while in Indore...

I wanted to write it down and vent out my anger.. but put it off as i was very angry and i would have used a fowl language... what incited this post today was another experience of a friend...

There was a molestation attempt on my friend yday night and i am still jittery about it.. apparently the friend was in Marina last evening and a guy had approached groping, kissing and behaving way too inappropriately with my friend.. The friend escaped luckily, thanks to a pair of Nail clippers. When my friend ran and reported to the nearby police all they did was check my friend's breath for alcohol content... i am like WTF??!!

This is not the first experience for my friend either.. there was another similar incident last year too :|

Do you really think you want me to say anything or write anything?? I am seething with anger!! :|

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( feel sad for such people..corporationla stray naais pudichi kudukara treatment ivangaluku kudutha sari patrum nenakren

~gils

R's Mom said...

What nonsense..how can the police do that!!!

zephyr said...

That's most horrible. Why didn't you take off your slippers and give him one? Your friend was so lucky to have got off and even luckier that the cops didn't try any hanky-panky for their part. There was a time when I used to be more afraid of them than the actual tormentor. And the onlookers are the worst criminals because they are afraid of getting involved.

I have had several experiences of eve-teasers in buses in the capital many years ago and when i screamed at or actually hit out at them, not a single person would support me. Once, a vegetable vendor, a woman, had come to my rescue while the college girls and office goers remained mute witnesses. Disgusting.

Unknown said...

Been through that, so can totally understand the way you feel. Correct'a solla ponaa, I felt this hit rock bottom at Delhi(where I was before), but realised just a couple of days back that Chennai is just as bad, if not worse as far as this is concerned. Sad state of affairs, really.

First time here, btw. Nice blog :)

Ratzzz said...

@gils..

Even then i dont think they will straighten themselves...

:(

Ratzzz said...

@hdwk

:( thats the sad case... always the victim is blamed..

Few years back a guy told me "you wr molested coz u wr wearing less clothes, not the fault of the man" :| I was wearing my school uniform then :| wat is so obscene abt a baggy school uniform??

Ratzzz said...

R's Mom,

Well they did... there are several such cases happening in chennai in the name of moral policing

a lesbian was detained at the station coz she wasnt err straight :| :( sad sad things.. i fail to understand police at such times

Ratzzz said...

@Amma

:( sad thing but true case amma.. i have come across few guys who come to defend the girl.. but they are always mistreated either thru words or thru blows :( :( cruel world..

And police! lets not even go there!!

Ratzzz said...

@Anu

brrr.. i know the situation in Delhi... loads of friend there.. feel sorry for them :(

And hey welcome :)

Anonymous said...

Sad state of affairs everywhere :( even I had the similar experiences in Chennai...Really nice blog :)