ASSumptions!

Random Old Frayed Lady (ROFL) in bus: Hmm.. So you don't have a boy friend??
Me: I am sorry?
ROFL: No.. need not be sorry..
Me: What? I mean, i didn't get you.
ROFL: I am guessing you don't have a boy friend.
Me: Oh?
ROFL: Yeah.. In past one month, i have seen you quite a few times in this route.. I have never seen you get a message or call from anyone even once.
Me: ugh ugh.
ROFL: I have never seen you check your mobile either. so you don't have a boy friend.
Me: [baffled look]
ROFL: So how long are you dieting?
Me: eh?
ROFL: Yeah.. I notice you are a health freak. You got the most flat stomach, I have ever seen.
Me: Duh.. [mumbles] Thanks
ROFL: Yeah.. I see most guys stare at your stomach. They are fascinated. You look like a model..
Me: oh.
ROFL: Why don't you like Music?
Me: What???
ROFL: Yeah. I have never seen you listen to music in bus. Don't you have an iPod?
Me: ummm
ROFL: Buy one. Music is good for lonely people. It will bring you solace when you see other girls going around with guys and you are single.
Me: eh? [thinking WTF?]
ROFL: Join Facebook or Orkut, you will find many good boys. [smiles] I know you are not in there.
Me: Ugh ugh.
ROFL: and stop working too much. A good girl should be in home by 5 pm.
Me:  Ok bye. i have to get down here.
ROFL: Oi. your office is at Nandanam. Two more stops to go. Sit! Talk to me. You need to learn to make more friends.
Me: [thinking more friends? oh god!] errr
ROFL: Don't you have good boy's in office? Guess they are all married or engaged. No good guys or girls stay single for long.
Me: Huh.
ROFL: yeah... Go out and meet people. You will find interesting guys. You need to find someone and get married soon.
Me: [by now very amused] hmmm which places do you suggest?
ROFL: I dunno... CCD, Barista or  any of the coffee shops.
Me: Oho. Umm Aunty what do you do?
ROFL: [Proudly] I work for *** Dept of TN.
Me: Oho and as what?
ROFL: Oh i am a clerk.
Me: Do you have any kids aunty? Are they Good boys and girls?
ROFL: Oh i never got married..
Me: Err.. So, you, who never got married, are asking me to find a boy friend and get married, though you can visibly see I am still young. Is that right?
ROFL: Err,i have to get down here.. babye..
Me: ROFL!!!

And that my friends, was what happened today morning on the way to Office in 18K bus route! :-D :-D

Gaah!!! i need to repair my mp3 player before such maamis find me a target for their lecture yet again!! :|

27 comments:

Satish N said...

You should have asked "Enna vechu kaamidi keemidi pannalaya" nu ;)

Enna villathanam ... enna kola veri ...

Banupriya said...

Where do these Maamis get guts to talk all this to strangers? Don't they ever think twice before shooting you with the list of her questionnaire..I am new to Chennai and I sincerely wish I dont get an encounter like this.

Vasu said...

CCD, Barista... Point taken. :)

"No good girls or guys stay single for long" - Ijjit? If there are 'still' any 'good' single girls left out there, plz give them my mobile number...! :D

How do we know said...

ayyo.... i mean.. really.... i was smiling right thru this..

Rohan said...

its worst in trains... that too if its an overnight journey!!

zephyr said...

Did it occur to you that she might have been the lonely one trying to warn you about getting married lest you become an old maid like her? :D

Anyway, she had no business to probe like that. I hate such nosey characters.

R's Mom said...

1. Err...this is a work of fiction right?..please tell me that...otherwise I CANNOT imagine a mami in Chennai doing this..its beyond my imagination to believe this is true!!!!
2. Did you HAVE to mention the flat tummy...grrr! you can see the jealous me staring at it now :)

Ratzzz said...

@Satish

maams.. naama enniku maams strangers ta pesi irukom?? :|

kettutu sirikradhoda sari :D

Ratzzz said...

@banu

dont worry darling.. its reserved for jeans wearing, non-pottu wearing females like me.. if u look remotely "homely" u ll be sparred :P

Ratzzz said...

@vasu

will pass it on :D :D

Ratzzz said...

@hdwk

glad i made u smile... i smiled after a bit too... :D

Ratzzz said...

@rohan

hahahaha.. i know, thats why i promptly sleep off and dont get down the top berth in trains :D

Ratzzz said...

@zeph

amma.. she was just trying to put me down.. i talk with the old ladies, but this one was away to assuming and intrusive

Ratzzz said...

@R's mom

err it did happen.. no fiction in the whole convo... :|

and yeah i have a flat tummy _shows off_ :P i dont why u guys are so fascinated over it.. :D

Nachi said...

hah! you are a case study on the bus... :D

Radus said...

Are you sure it was another person and not your "Alter"? ;)

Vijay Menon said...

that was quite funny...maybe she regrets not marrying at all , poor lady !

Niranjani Ravi said...

I am glad I tried bus travel only for 2 weeks (and so, so glad my MP3 player worked (touch wood) and was plugged into my ears). Maamis.... Grrrr.
People can give only bad advice if they don't know what they are talking about. (and that's worse than good advice :P)

And I'm glad to have stumbled upon your blog. Great to find out that you're a Chennai-ite too (coincidentally, my office pretty close to Nandanam, hehe)

Ratzzz said...

@nachi..

as always, as always :D :D

Ratzzz said...

sudar anna

:|

Ratzzz said...

@vijay menon

hahahaha.. might be :D

Ratzzz said...

@niroo

thanks and welcome aboard.. :)

if not for bus i ll have to trust upon my limbs, which i wont,for now :P

nandanam? thats super cool... :)

Porkodi (பொற்கொடி) said...

Sheesh! apdi ipdi nu you are a hottie nu solindachu! ;) Happy New Year Rat, somehow my reader doesnt show your updates!! :(

Ramya Shankar said...

Hahaha.. maami calling you hottie and all.
Range!

Rajavanya Subramaniyan said...

L-o-L. Interesting conversation.. Such people exist in reality ? Fascinating!

test said...

Seek her out again! She sounds way too interesting. Would be a nice fodder for your future posts... :)

Delhizen said...

hahaha.... this one was too hilarious! I tell you, pestering and always poking their nose aunties are too much to handle!

but you did a good job :)