Autobiography of a Rat..


I am sure that all of us would have gone through, "So where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Whenever I was posed with this question in last 3 years, I itched a lot to say "To smoke weed, get stoned and sing Hare Krishna Hare Ram". But the need of the time or the necessity of the job always made me bite back a smirk and say "Working loyally at your institution and help for the development of the organisation" (Gaaah, Barf bag please)

If you know me, my longest stint at a job was 1 year 6 months (err or something like that.. i am weak in math :P) I am someone who won't stick to a place, job, person for a long time. Ok Malar is an exception here.. This bleddy bugger has stuck with me for past 11 years (that long!!!) and still is my best friend :) But i solely blame this aberration on her. If it was me, i would have run off. But this darling just tracks me down every time and literally threatens my life every bleddy time. Anyways i am digressing.

So where was I? Oh yeah the question. So when i saw people doing what I was 10 years back, I thought, "oi this is interesting. I can now try to remember what I did as a 5 year old." But seriously speaking, apart from drinking milk with both eyes fixated on the mug like a cross-eyed bug (Dad has photographic proof facepalms ), i have no recollection of what happened 20 years ago. Yet I wadded through it and ta-da, my autobiography in a list format. My MBA friends should be proud of me now :-D

20 years ago I . . .
1. Left Kanpur once for all
2. Was struggling to learn Tamil, got frustrated and switched back to Hindi :-P
3. Got my first book, "Thermal and Wind Energy" (Don't ask.. Appa got it for me)

10 years ago I . . .
1. Left Nagercoil and my best friend (Malar, love u girl)
2. Met with an accident and life took a major turn.
3. Left my dreams of becoming a Neurologist and embraced Leather Technology (which i later ditched)

5 years ago I . . .
1. Was in college making myself believe that I will study further
2. Came over my Inferiority complex
3. Came to terms with my childhood and accepted it

3 years ago I . . .
1. Reached my peak success in the corporate world
2. (But) Found my calling and took a major decision of my life (I quit :-P).
3. Returned back to TN.

1 year ago I . . .
1. Quit my 9-5 job
2. Started taking photography assignments professionally
3. Was on the road and on trips more than being at home

So far this year I . . .
1. Have caught up with all friends, i had avoided last year
2. Have went on a weekend trek and had a fab time
3. Have got back my fun schedule on line

Yesterday I . . .
1. Started editing a book
2. Delivered one assignment (on time, phew)
3. Played with a baby on bus

Today I . . .
1. Slept till noon
2. Delivered two assignments
3. will be out for dinner

Tomorrow I will . . .
1. Deliver atleast three of my latest assignments
2. Go out for Baskin Robins Icecream
3. Cook white peas

In the next (coming) year I will . . .
Naah!! Future is not for me to decide... Who knows i may become a hippie and be found on the beaches of Goa... Or become a professional photographer and travel around the world... or go back to the corporate world and start from where i left (yeah right)... Or listen to my parents and live their wishes (hahahahahaha :-D )

Hahaha so that was me... :)

18 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG your autobio ended so soon!!! I will give you more points for 10 years back..
1. Nagercoil District rank holder in SSLC
2. Nagercoil District BasketBall Player :P :D
3. Met Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in person
4. Founder and Caption of the great Elee's Club (That's a big story)

Love you loads dear.. how could i miss a PEST :P friend like you in my life.!!!

shivakumar said...

hmnnn..... you are aleast honest to yourself..most don't even initiate the labour of self appraisal..... i just wrote a comment on choosing between being happy and doing important work by @robinsharma and it is DOING YOUR WORK HAPPILY. so i wish you all the very best corporate hippie :) and i predict you'll be photoshooting LIFE .period. and this is the longest of my comments from mobile :)
shivakumar

subbulakshmistoned said...

I loved this post. Very warming and straight from the heart. I love how you're giving the stereotypes a heart attack. :oD

Akilan said...

Nice article. Hmmm.. Gives me confidence about my decision to ditch my major in B.Tech. ;-) :)

Porkodi (பொற்கொடி) said...

omg! you're that stereo who tries not be stereotyped!!! :D

zephyr said...

that is an interesting and comprehensive autobio.
Keep updating it lest you forget something. Your friend has filled in nicely the gaps you left.

...live their wishes???????

Senthil said...

Everyone is a wanderer and the amount varies.

Ratzzz said...

@malar


hahaha.. thanks for reminding me those..

basket ball - :D seriously! wat all we did in class 11. crazy bunch we wr :D

*hugzzz*

Ratzzz said...

@shiva

Thanks for the longest comment buddy..

i dunno shiva, i dont want to predict.. i want to live life as it comes. I would have never tot i ll be clicking 5 years back, yet i love it now.. :)

lets see.. Thanks :)

Ratzzz said...

@swatz

I love giving heart attacks.. You shud meet my folks, it literally shows on them..

My mom shudders and asks "what happened da" everytime i call her.. she is that scared :D

Ratzzz said...

@aki

decide wat you want and stick to it... ultimately its upto you, you will have no one to blame it on :D

Ratzzz said...

@porkodi

hahahahaha :D

P.S : Can you write a English post for me.. plz plz plz

Ratzzz said...

@amma

Thanks ma..

and i emailed you regd the last line :)

Ratzzz said...

@senthil

They are... but ultimately you need to like your err wandering?
:D

Vijay Menon said...

Short and simple , I love this!

R's Mom said...

Hey for some strange reason cant open your link from my blogger dashboard..pata nahi kyon! oh so this is you! cool, smart, thin (Evil look so that you gain weight and I dont feel jealous) and WHAT did Malar say
1. Nagercoil District rank holder in SSLC - WOWOWOWOW
2. Nagercoil District BasketBall Player :P :D - WOWOW again
3. Met Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in person - THAT I AM DEFINITELY JEALOUS..I adore that guy
4. Founder and Caption of the great Elee's Club (That's a big story)- Err no comments...
hugs!

my comment is longer than your post I think :)

Ratzzz said...

@vijay menon

thanks :)

Ratzzz said...

@R's mom

hahaha.. no need for that look.. my mom had tried ages to fatten me up and so had some of my friends all in vain.. i just hog food and feel err slim :P

and thanks a ton dear.. *huggggzzz*

loonnnngg comment indeed :)