Bake some happiness...

Take me to a new house that you are in the process of buying or renting and i will promptly walk into the kitchen and check it out... what the hey, this pigeon hole i am living was rented by me solely because it has ample kitchen space... my home may lack any interior decoration or furniture, but my kitchen will always remain well stocked... right from basic salt, sugar, pepper to flours of at least 4 kinds and south Indian masalas of all kinds...

Its well established that i love cooking for others... drop in home and give me an hours notice and i will whip you a four course meal...  but ask me to cook a simple dish and eat myself, i ll hunt for a curd tub and eat it up with rice... well thats me... oh yeah, i eat like a pig when i eating out, just can't eat my own cooking sigh...

ugh ugh, i am digressing... anyhow, i love to cook... and i LOVE to bake... yes!! cakes, muffins and etc etc... it started way back during my school days... my dad's friend who owned a Swiss bakery came by our house.. i was intrigued when he baked cookies in under 15 mins... really, sigh!! moist and chewy... yummy cookies.. i miss those days.... ugh i am digressing again... so anyhow, he taught me to bake cakes, cookies and of all things a pizza base... yeah you read it right.. a pizza base... i am one of those species who can whip out a pizza right from the scratch at home... no need to go in search of pizza buns at midnight when you crave for this delicacy from Italy, umm or was that from Naples... oh never mind, the point is i can bake a pizza.. tra la la la :-D

When parents where at native and sister was alone with me on her birthday in 2001, i baked her a cake, not one but 4...  but there was a minor technical glitch though... we being at our parents home, i didn't know which floor was where... so i baked cakes out of chakki fresh wheat flour... only the trash can knew of my efforts... and now you through this blog :-D

When i returned back to Chennai last year,  rented this place and secured myself a gas connection (cooking gas i.e., ahem) my baking passion returned to me... :-D Voila... i started with a simple Chocolate cake with chocolate chips...
Chocolate Cake with choco-chips
Then one day i got this brilliant recipe to bake a cup cake in flat 5 mins... I altered it a bit and made it into Strawberry Mug cake (10 mins)...

Strawberry Mug cake in my fav. Mug

and after that baking a cake became a norm... baking a chocolate-marshmellow cake for sister's colleague (which was a disaster), chocolate cakes and strawberry cake and so on... the recent one is Banana cake with banana cream filling...

Banana Cake in the making
It started with half a jar of Banana cream left out from my morning breakfast spread.. and i was desperate to make something useful out of it... after torturing Bikerdude for a day and dragging my bro to the local Nilgiris, i got all the ingredients ready for the perfect crime, errm cake.. :-D

And voila... the best cake i ever baked!!
Banana Cake with Banana Cream fill 

Well you will have to take my word, because not a single crumb is left now... Burrrp!! oopsie, excuse moi!! :-D

Note: All these are baked in a cooker :) hence the texture won't be the same as baked in an oven

7 comments:

zephyr said...

They really look yummy Ratzzz! and would you please tell me how you got such wonderful texture in a cooker? I am taking up your invitation to drop in for a 4-course meal! Be warned!

WritingsForLife said...

aww... my sister likes cooking like you do :-)

Yousy said...

awesome!! Please let me know how to bake cakes in 15 mins..... By thw way love ur blog.... Nice!

Ratzzz said...

@zephyr

shhh.. secret... :D

and u are welcome anytime at my place :)

Ratzzz said...

@Raji

oh nice.. we shud share recipes sometime then :)

Ratzzz said...

@Yousy..

thanks... will blog abt it sumtime

Rajavanya Subramaniyan said...

Baking under 15 mins.. now thats something interesting.. which even we busy working bachelors can do :D