Wr non-stop chatter was wat everybody expected...

i reached the place 20 min before the scheduled time 'coz i tot d place wud be crowded and ppl wont be able to recognize me.... but the food court was empty with only a lovey dopey couple... with time to kill, i borrowed a pen and started scribbling innocuously...

Two guys walked over hesitatingly and asked if i was d Rat... unfortunately i am one... :-P they turned to be Sherkhan and his blog partner Maitili... They informed that a couple of bloggers from Ratlam had left saying it was getting late.. come on it was not even 7 pm, the time fixed and agreed upon... Then i noticed Hussain walk along looking lost... i waved him in.. his excuse "i had never been here"... Tried calling Ashwin and Gunjan.. Gunjan was already on the escalator...

Soon Vaibhav joined us.. Ravi and his non-blogger friend Abhiruchi joined us an hour later...

if i had expected initial hesitation among the guys, there was none.. oh yeah except for Maitili.. but even he started talking animatedly once questioned about his school.... the youngest of us all Maitili is just 19 and writes great stuff in Hindi...


Sherkhan got serious when asked to explain about his choice of subject, Anarchism... it was real heated up discussions but happily enough there was general acceptance of his views..

Gunjan had the spotlight all thru the 2 & 1/2 hour meet.. that was natural coz his recent promotion of being a father and also his interest on Photography...

Hussain's Interest on Graphic Novels & Books had every one speaking up... arey he turned out to be the Son of a famous book stores owner here... hmmm... but wat embarrassed me was, i had met him couple of times at d store but i hadn't recognized him even though we are online buddies for quite sometime now... :-/ sheesh...


Vaibhav chose to be the silent listener talking only needed and emphasizing the widespread acknowledgment one gets if we write really good...


Ravi who was late talked a bit about IIM I.. this got Maitili interested and the had a conspiring talk for the rest of the meet... :-D

The discussions ranged btw Books, Sitcoms, Movies, Operation Cyclone, Politics and Indore, in general... Munching on the Cheese sandwiches, Burgers and btw sips of Coffee nobody noticed the time slipping away... the plan for an hour long meeting extended well beyond 2 hrs... some pics for u...

Some myths associated...
  • atleast two believed that i was a guy until the meeting...
  • atleast one was skeptical of me given my not so old look....

Some lines that stuck in my mind...
"No booze is not wat boys meets finally spirals down to... its wat the meeting starts with "
"All Booker prize winners are crap. Period"
"If someone from Indore causes terror will u end up destroying the whole Indore ??"
 :-D all in all it was a great meeting.. thank u guyzzz... we rock...

P.S # 1: Thanks to Gunjan for the Refreshments.. boy wr we all starving....
P.S # 2: Thanks to the Food court guy who lent me d pen and went mysteriously absconding...
P.S # 3: i 'll end with a pic of Relative of me who came visiting yday nite, who i finally drove out.,.. Sheesh "how unfriendly this Rat is, ain't I?"

P.S # 4: The official countdown begins... yaay....
P.S # 5: No more Post scripts.. ha ha ha ha

18 comments:

hitch writer said...

I reached there at 5... to find no one... unfortunately i didnt check my mails since satruday in gmail where you requested a time change.... bah..

Neways... do lemme know next time you gather...

Anonymous said...

Three cheers to you for organizing this meet and Gunjan to enliven it. Really those who missed it missed something great.. Hope they may next join our formally informal meet ;-)

Ratzzz said...

@ Hitch..

u missed all d fun... come over next time for sure..

Ratzzz said...

@ sher khan..

sure thing buddy

Quiz_Master said...

Ahh! Me too missed the fun.. :( Was soo excited but an emergency came up an I had to leave for mumbai @ about 11:30PM on saturday. I am still in mumbai, and situation here is pretty bad. Well, Next time... ;)

(And too glad- meet ke bahane se hii sahi, I read blogs of all you people and will keep reading =p )

Ankit said...

I say again Sorry !!!!
I have said in the Indiblogger Event Page that I will be there after my fresher Party. But duo to some reason ( You know that) I was unable to be there.

But Now I am feeling very sad that you have enjoyed too much. But What can I do now?
Just dreaming about next Event.

Ankit
Pratham

Renie Ravin said...

Guys - great job! Looks like you all had a ball, and we're sorry we couldn't make it there. Next time maybe.

Kudos, Indore!

- The IndiBlogger Team
http://www.indiblogger.in

Keshi said...

So nice to hear that u all had good fun. :)

Keshi.

!Teq-uila Del Zapata said...

I liked this blog!
Looks like a real blog.
I will dig more in contents, later.
And its kool that bloggers actually meet each other and talk in person. I have never met any of my fellow bloggers.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to meet real bloggers and I must say it was fun talking or rather I should say listening to you guys.

vaibhav (aka->Noddy)

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks,

First of all, I wish to say a big thanks to d Rat for giving us the opportunity to meet all the fantabulous people there.

Now I have a face behind each blog and that adds a lot of passion and intimacy to the posts that I read.

I was amazed to find out that the bloggers of Indore are pretty intellectual and contrary to what somebody mentioned, no, we do not have only baniyas in Indore :)

As you would have observed, almost everybody had an opinion about everything and they strongly believed in what they thought.

That, I believe, added spice to the discussions.

I would love to meet you guys again... you guys are simply awesome.

So when do we have this meet again?

~Gunjan

Ratzzz said...

@ QM... sad u missed it ashwin.. i tried calling on u number but i think u had it switched off..

Ratzzz said...

@ Ankit..

hope u enjoyed ur fresher party ankit..

there will be one soon.. doncha worry...

Ratzzz said...

@ Renie...

banish any hesitation next time... :-)

Ratzzz said...

@ Keshi.... sure we did babe... :-)

Ratzzz said...

@ chambilkethakur.. hey thanks.. sure.. feel free to check the archives

Ratzzz said...

@ vaibhav aka noddy... hey buddy we nevertheless enjoyed ur "listening" too...

Ratzzz said...

@ gunjan...

pretty soon gunjan... the response is awesome...