Friends for life, or so i tot!

Zahir, in Arabic, means visible, present, incapable of going unnoticed. It is someone or something which, once we have come into contact with them or it, gradually occupies our every thought, until we can think of nothing else. This can be considered either a state of holiness or of madness.
FAUBOURG SAINT-PÈRES
Encyclopaedia of the Fantastic (1953)

if u had been on my blog earlier, u wud be familiar with some of my habits... of the list, the very first one has always seen me wishing only one thing over the last 10 years.. then over time, D Rat went thru an inevitable transformation... and i tot i had overcome that wish... last week i saw a Red vail man admist heavy traffic... i was returning from office tired and heavily sleepy headed... and in that trance i found my self crossing my fingers and saying "i wish i would be with him again"...

Him - My Zahir - who slowly entered my life like a mist on one early morning.. he slowly spread out his limbs and presence all over my life... he over took my entire self.. he broke the spell arnd me... he helped me spread out my wings... he made me float in cloud nine.. and then one fine day the mist just faded away.... instead of bright sunlight that warms d day wen the mist vanishes, it is just gloom, dark and despair that surrounds me after this mists departure....

My Zahir - the person i never talk abt..not because i get hurt wen i do so but because i keep him closer to my heart and don't want anyone to know this part of my life.. My Zahir who is the real life Karna for me and the person who kept on popping in my mind while i am reading this transcripts of Mahabharatha and Karna Puran...

My Zahir - is no boy friend of mine, like everybody, including our respective parents, believes... but he is my life and responsible of most things i am today... will u be stunned if i say this Rat was an introvert once and down with Inferiority complex... then wat ll be ur reaction wen i say my Zahir was the reason i learnt to respect myself...

He is my first cousin on my Papa's side... His parents eloped to get married and he never got around to know his papa as uncle passed away in an accident soon after Zahir came to this world... he was everything Karna was, righteous in his own way, helping out everyone and severely simple... his love for me was more than Karna's love for Duryodhana...

he broke a great rapport with a friend just becoz that person hurt me... he was angry with his mom just because she said something against me... he went to world's end to see me smile... he did everything to make me happy...

and one day he left me... not just me.. he cut off his relation with anyone and everyone who mattered to him... to this day i have never been to single out a reason why he did so.. i pinned for him, yearned for him and slowly he occupied my each passing moment... my each second was filled with wat if he had been by my side... i tried to reach him out thru every way i cud... and then i accepted defeat... i left him at his seclusion...

i know he is around somewr thinking of me, atleast once in a year...i know, i have not done enuf justice to this post dedicated to him.. but i just cudnt bring myself to write more... nor cud i compare him Karna like i wanted to, coz he is special in his own way...

but my only wish is that i want to meet him atleast once in future... one meet that's all i ask.. nothing more nothing less...

P.S # 1 :Vasu, save ur smart ass comments for some other post.. and don't u pass this on to him...
P.S # 2 : i need a partner for my next post... i tot of sending an open request... then i tot , lets make it interesting... mail d answers of the following questions to me.... the first person to get all the answers rite gets to do the next post...

1. Who built the Magical Palace for the Pandavas?
2. Who was Karna's charioteer?
3. Who is Gadothkaja's Mother?
4. Dhritarashtra is accompanied by 2 woman when he leaves for the forest after the great war. Name them..

and finally...

5. Who are Parikshit's parents?

adios until next...

24 comments:

The Furobiker said...

i am an agnostic but still would like to say, jus pray and ur wish will come true someday

Nachi said...

kind of feel the twang that your Zahir and myself have quite a bit in common when it comes to inexplicably leaving everything we have built and walking away. why we do so, there is no real answer. we just have to. its something that even we cannot explain. we do not mean to hurt our loved ones with our actions, but somehow that seems to be the only conclusion most of the time (or so it seems to the ones we have hurt)...but the one thing that i do know is that we never forget. we always continue to love in the same measure (if not more) despite the distances and the absence.

...wherever he is, your Zahir is always thinking about you! as i am about my loved ones...

:)

PS: why the quiz?? you are killing me here...

Arv said...

Hope you get to meet your zahir someday :)

you will :)

take care.. cheers...

Anonymous said...

olimayamaana edhirkaalam irukudhu for sure... kalakals chandrooo..

How do we know said...

i have a feeling u will meet ur Zahir.. and also that, he does think of you more often than you realise..

Saim said...

knw very well how it can feel when sum1 just vanishes without rhyme or reason...hope u meet ur Zahir soon:)

abt the answers...will have to look up Google and am pretty hard pressed for time, so I hereby give others a chance to share ur tantrumz:D

Dhanya said...

Hmmm... some people just enter our lives and leave it making such an impact... it's hard to forget even if the wise thing to do is just that - to forget! I seriously hope and pray that ur wish comes true :)

Anonymous said...

your cousin... he sure is missing you wherever he is.. how can he not..you are such a sweetheart and with what i read about him he is too.. :)

*hugs*

Ratzzz said...

@ abhi..

i am wishing for the same, dude

Ratzzz said...

@ nachi..


sighs... lucky me i met u online not offline.. i wudnt stand another heart break for sure..

sighs.. how i wish that he still thinks of me..

u killed me by not sending me the replies.. :(

Ratzzz said...

@ arv

thanxx... :-)

Ratzzz said...

@ chriz...

ennakku petromax light thaan theriyudhu.. :P

Ratzzz said...

@ HDWK...

:-) fingers crossed...

Ratzzz said...

@ cn

ha ahha.. aby missed one of the answers even after using google baba... poor him

Ratzzz said...

@ dhanya

hopes and prayers maketh ones life aint it?

Ratzzz said...

@ pink orchid..

yup he is such a sweet heart.. i can assure u that.. hope to meet him soon

Vasu said...

I can understand. Its ages since I also heard of him. Life is hard and thats all I can say from the state I am currently in :(

Ratzzz said...

@ Vasu...

yeah... even sudar has no idea of him..

wat state u r in ?? Maharashtra or Karnataka?? :D

Vasu said...

mokka i was referring to my mental state. btw we wil continue this discussion on orkut. tat wil be better :)

Ratzzz said...

@ vasu...

podanga... orky?? its better to call dear.. presently i am low on cash.. call u from mom's mobile soon

workhard said...

Zahir is waiting somewhere for u.....

Read poems

Ratzzz said...

@ work hard..

i just wish so..

Anonymous said...

Thats such a touching post...
You will get to meet him am sure.All the best gal
I wish its soon, for your sake.
I am too late for writing on your site but I wish I had read this post sooner! I would have been honoured to pen my thoughts here...
All the best, keep smiling, keep your chin up and may God be with you
mithe

Ratzzz said...

@Mithe

Thnkxx dear.. i hope, i just hope for that