To my Dearest...

Hi luv...

Hope this letter finds u in blooming health and heart... i can't say all's well at my side as it is not...

i dunno why but during my pre-teen days, i hated even to talk abt u... wen ever somebody mentioned abt my life partner they wr met by an angry stare from this rat... i always maintained that i ll never leave my parents... i promised to myself that wat-ever happened i wont fall in love... but somewr something changed..

during my teen years, i started seeing u evrywr and in everyone.. i searched for u, at highs and lows... i was a nerd then confined to my books and music... wen i didnt meet u , i tot u frequented Markets, Malls and theaters rather than bookstores and libraries.. i chided myself for this, but didnt venture into these places for the fear of being laughed at... i was unlucky, i said to myself...

wen i joined college, i really expected to meet u there... may be as a classmate or as college mate... initial college days saw me hiding behind books in library and nose deep into some online journals at the college net cafe.. but the ugly Mice transformed into a beautiful Rat sometime in btw... i had my own share of friends and gangs.. i started visiting Malls, Beaches, Markets and even Temples.. i even watched a movie almost after a decade... i engaged into stupid talks with fellow girls just in hope that i ll find u, all in vain...

my 4 years of college passed without meeting u..but there wasnt a single day that went without ur tots... whenever something happ gud or bad , i wished if only u wr there to share it with me... whenever i jumped with joy, i wanted u to pull me down from the ninth cloud.. whenever i shed a tear of worry,i hoped u ll hug me tight and say "everything ll be alright dear"...wen i won so many awards at college,state and national level i wished u wr somewr in d crowd proudly saying everyone who wud here that "She is my gal"... All in vain...

i graduated and joined this corporate world... the stress has huge as i joined the rat race to run up d corporate ladder... i did everything to reach my current position - work hard, stay up late, follow every word of my boss, out perform everyone, everything that i cud... but i forgot abt u.. i stopped searching for u... i boasted around proudly that being single rocks..

i think,i was wrong... coz since d past 3 months i am yearning for u... no i am not searching for u... i am just pining for u - to meet u - to hold ur hands - to say that "i love u"... i am just longing for u - to hug u - to beam at u - to say that "u really matter"... i am yearning for ur bear hug, wen there is a nip in air... i am craving for ur naughty kiss wen i do something mischievous...

i want u there wen i bitch abt all at work and world...i want u there and say "u look awesome" wen i get that new pair of shoe and boast off abt it... i want u there wen my parents are in town and want to see me in secure hands.. i want u there wen my friends hang out for a movie or dinner... i want u there wen i ball into my fetal position not knowing wat happ to me...

i promise, baby... i promise that i ll be there for u all time... i wont come btw u and ur cricket/soccer/rugby/hockey/tennis matches and nag u to pay attention to me.. i may even get u that bowl of chips... i wont demand u spend every day with me... u can continue ur boys day out like u do now..i wont get cross if u drink on special occasions, but spare me from cigarette smoke.. i just cant stand it, luv... i ll cook all ur fav dishes but dont ask me to wash ur dirty socks, we can fix a maid for that...

Forgive me, my love... forgive me if i am cross with u sometimes, just that my hormones are going awry and i dont feel like being myself sometimes... forgive me wen i demand to have that Chocolate icecream at midnight.. my craving for food strikes at oddest time, i ll rather be happy if u stock our fridge with these stuff... forgive me sweetest, if i forget to call up and say "Luv u" at mid-day.. just that i got caught up with this stupid deadline and forget even abt myself...

and wen we get kids, we will bring them up as a mixture of us both.. u can teach them all those video games and outdoor sports..  i ll surely make sure that they excel in dancing, painting and language... i ll even take ur help in all these... and wen they grow up and wanna leave us, i promise u dearest, i ll be by ur side wen u shed that little secret drop of tear...

DEarest... whrever u r, rest assured, coz i am here waiting for u... and i promise to be for there u wat ever happens... i ll get u those warm pads wen u are down with cold... i ll get u nice chilled tall glass of lemonade wen u return tired from office(if i am there at home)... and u need not be worried abt handling that odd relations who drop in now and then.. i ll manage them with my sweetest smile for sure , baby...

DArling.. enuf is enuf.. the distance is already damaging me.. come here.. come now...  and if u are reading this by any chance please drop in a mail... :-) missing u badly...

if only u know how much i miss u, u ll be here by my side this very second... i wait for u thru evry ebb and low...

Yours Forever,
D Rat...

P.S # to all those who want to say "Singles Rock" or anything to that effect, u r banned from this post.. run of somewr else.. :-)

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. any guy would fall for this.. see ... how your blog is helping you...

all the very best for ur hunt... may He come to you soon

God bless

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
touched touched!!!
\m/

Anonymous said...

This is cho chweet...

You deserve the best... I am sure the wait will be worth it :)

Femin Susan said...

I agree with Chirz. any guy will fall with this post.

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

quite easily one of ur best posts

Ratzzz said...

@ chriz...

i just hope my guy wud read this..

hunt?? sweet heart, i ll use a milder term.. i dont want to send him scurrying away as soon as i hunt him down

Ratzzz said...

@ Pink Orchid...

:-) hope this has d same effect with that mysterious HIM too..

btw do u know, i love orchids...

Ratzzz said...

@ gunjan...

u think so??? ok i ll wait.. :-)

Ratzzz said...

@ Femin

Fingers crossed...

Ratzzz said...

@ Rosh..

thanks doctor... if it had evoked a comment from u, i can easily say i have done some justice to the post..

pri said...

awwww....and the award for the most romantic letter goes to................THE RAT!!!
:D :D :D :D

cheers!!

Rajavanya Subramaniyan said...

I don't have anything to say here. Everything I wanted to say has been said by people already..

I wish you find him soon :) All da best

Anonymous said...

if that "HIM" comes around here.. trust me he wont leave without making one "huge" comment.. :)to begin with..
and you said you liked orchids.. then i invite you to my blog.. if you like it enough you might end up visiting sometimes.. ;)

enchantinganki said...

luv u 4 writing dis..!
u rock...dis is awesome work..!!

Quiz_Master said...

Awww.. If I'd been a little more matured and a couple of years older (and single), I would have started to date you. Honestly!

Your writings are so natural.. god gimme this ability to convert thoughts like this into words!

My dad says, we always have everything in life, just not in the right amount or format. When you don't have something, you don't wait for it, you find it!

Best of Luck for your Adventurous Quest!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tantrum----

This is the best post you have ever posted-- best on two fronts; one, presentation of very honest and true feelings that shows the humane face of your personality, and second having the ability to give appropriate words to your thoughts that shows the writing skills.

One more thing, do you know what is the best thing about you---??? that you can laugh at yourself ----

I am sure you will find your life- mate soon!!

Mann

~tony~ said...

been reading some of your posts for a week..interesting..thought of left a comment here...

gud luck for your quest...the 'he' may find you soon..

n good to know you too..hopefully..

~tony~

WritingsForLife said...

this is lovely :-)
Cool

Ratzzz said...

@ Pri..

Drum roll.. thankoo thankoo thankoo... Sniff sniff :P

Ratzzz said...

@ Quake boy...

i hope so too.. thanks...

Ratzzz said...

@ pink orchid..

i did visit ur blog but forgive me i cudnt spend much time on it.. :-) next time for sure..


and i do hope he leaves a HUGE comment

Ratzzz said...

@ Anki..

thanks darling...

Ratzzz said...

@ QM...

ha ha ha.. bad luck dude.. u r a kid still...

thatha hastu... if u go thru my initial posts u will notice my writing was very childish.. i say keep writing to hon ur writing skills...

thanks for the wish buddy....

Ratzzz said...

@ Mann..


:-) happy that u find this my best post on2 fronts... :-)

yup i can laugh @ myself and that keeps me going...

in btw i am still d rat not tantrum... :P

Ratzzz said...

@ tony..

i hope d same dear..

thanks for stopping by...

in btw ur profile is not available.. i wud like to visit ur blog.. can u leave me d link??

Ratzzz said...

@ Raji

thanks dear..

i love ur writing , in btw

Anonymous said...

I like to call you tantrum because you are not anywhere near to this!!

GOT it?

If you donot like it it will address you Raty OK?

~tony~ said...

@the rat
yes..my profile hasn't shared...just enabled the option..hope, you can access my blog..kind of new to blogging..still lots there to play around...

or you shall check it at
http://picayuneprincipio.blogspot.com

Ratzzz said...

@ Mann, Tony & 小貓咪

Thanks