I’m Loving it’

1st July, 2008

This was the best way I have ever spent my sick day… even as I was down with fever and completely exhausted, my roomie K pulled me out of bed and dragged me to the movie "Dasavatharam"… that is how Mangal Adlabs saw a total of 10 of us land at 11 10 for the 11 15 movie… Great! I was wearing only a cotton button-down and I started shivering even before we settled in our seats…

As much hyped the movie was, I don't think that it created that much effect on me… Accepted I Loved the part that was set in the 12th century but the rest movie didn't make me bite my nails or push me to the edge of the seat…

I am not gonna give a review or rating on the movie… but I liked/ hated the following in the movie…

  • This caste fanatic King threatens one of the characters, Rangaraja Nambi to death if he doesn't convert his caste and say the name of God Shiva… His wife and kid plead him to forget god Vishnu and chant Shiva's name… Rangraja Nambi starts saying "Om" and proceeds to say NamaShivaya but changes at the nick of moment to say "Om Namo Narayanaya"…. Literally it had my heart thumping against my rib cage… I would have hated him if he had said "Om NamaShivaya" just because of his wife and others… I Love the Man who is staunch in his believes and doesn't change for others… Love you, Rangaraja Nambi

  • When the Lead Male gives a Highly Lethal Potent Viral to his Friend's Wife

Govindarajan Ramaswamy: You don't understand… This is highly lethal and disastrous..

Yuka: I am From Hiroshima… I understand, Annathe…

(Loved this Japanese girl just for this)

  • After Meeting with a minor Accident, the lead male and female characters,

Aandal: Enga poreengo?? Enakku veetukku Ponum! (Where are you leaving? I need to get back to home!)
Govindarajan Ramaswamy: I need to check out the others…Ennakku manusanga thaan mukkiyam. (To me Humans/humanity is more important)

(Did I love him…? Yeah, of course)

  • After Being Diagnosed with Cancer and being said that he has to choose between his voice and Life…

    Avatar Singh: If I hadn't Met Geethe, I would have chosen my voice… but now having her with me, I choose to live cause now not my voice but Geethe is my love of life…

(Man… I would give anything to have him as my life partner…)

  • Hated the Lead Female, Aandal… People were dying right and left, but all she cared was to talk about her caste, her god, untouchables etc... Why did they ever include such a lame character in the movie… Madam was worried about her Saree getting bloody when someone was dying… Disgusting character…

All in all a nice way to spend and get rid of my illness away from bed… I even lunched at Mcdee after the lunch…. Mc Aloo tikki delicious…. I'm loving it'