frustrated over a lost coin!!!

How many of u have been given Dairy milk eclair Toffees instead of one or 2 rupees of change while shopping... well atleast d city i am currently in has this undaunting culture of giving these toffees instea of 1, 2, 3 or even 4 rupees... first i have nothing against these toffees..

When they were first introduced, they were indeed a novelty.. the students who distributed these toffees on their b'days were regarded to be gods and became beat friends for that day.... and i even used to beg my parents to get a pack of Eclairs instead of Mango Bite or Ravalgon they usually did.. but then a toffe that costed a rupee was a big thing and i never had enuf...

Well that changed with time.. so did the value of Re.1.. so did the quality... so u can guess why these toffees are available in abundance to shop keepers...

well!!! this particular shop had the habit of giving me these Toffees for quite sometime.. When i protested that i dont eat them and they are of no value to me, i got a cheeky reply of "distribute madaam.. give it kids on the road side!!"...like hell!! now i again i have no issues giving aways sweets, but who the hell is he to say this!!

it almost went out of hand wen he gave me chocolate worth Rs.7 and claimed he had nothing less than Rs 10 notes... now this was too much for even (cough cough) a simpal saporting natur gurl like me... so a couple of weeks ago i started collecting the toffees he gave me and put them in a bag... as i went to collect my bread yday instead of giving money i thrust the bag filled with toffees worth Rs.15.. i wasnt budging with his protests and demands & started moving away from the shop... he argued that this is not fair..my only reply was "when u can use this formula , why cant it work for me??".. i left the shop without paying any...

It was the end... or So i thought.. for wen i went back yday to get my batch of bread,the keeper grinned and said "i found that madaam dont like Caadburry Chocolate" and promptly handed over some Parle Kaccha Mango Bite toffees instead...

LIKE @#$#%$^%&$#%$!@$#@! World Taekwondo Federation....



The Rat...

24 comments:

Akilan said...

ha ha... :) The shop keeper must have really been flabbergasted.
Let me try this in my college. ;)

Canteen..! Here I come...

Cяystal said...

Lol..i was in splits..duno about the shopkeeper though :P

enchantinganki said...

ohhhh hoo!!
waah!
Bhagi di rocks!! :-D
Eclairs plzzz...
will surely try this once!

Nachi said...

lmao!! OMG!!

...go Rat, kick some store keeper ass...

*sigh* in my case it is the minto mints that my chai walla keeps on doling out to me.

but thankfully i don't have to resort to this 'candy change' all the time. i simply say, "khaate mein daal do" (put in on my tab) and wait for the tab to reach a non-change payable amount. i so love India!

:)

enchantinganki said...

fool banaya...!
pardeeeeeeeeeeeee....

workhard said...

That was funny:D, the shopkeeper must be really dumb, but your idea is not that bad , because i regularly get these instead of change from this one particular grocery store, i think im going to dare...

BPO work from home

~tony~ said...

a chapter of the rebel rat's book, huh....maybe you should have demanded the chocolate you like...anyway, funny indeed... :)

Unknown said...

Couldn't stop laughing even when the prof starred at me.. How about using credit cards?? Trust me.. I dont even have a cent with me!!

Ratzzz said...

@ aki...

at ur canteen?? does ur coll even has a canteen?? oh u r talking abt that hut which sells snacks huh?? ok ok

Ratzzz said...

@ crystal

ok i promise that today's post ll stitch ur split :P

Ratzzz said...

@ Rosh..

hope he gets d moral of the lesson :D

Ratzzz said...

@ anki...

ok.. next time i ll give u all d eclairs i get... game??

Ratzzz said...

@ nachi...

ah.. accounts.. good one... actually i wudnt say no to mints.. i always carry some in my purse.. but the hard-to-bite-sticking-to-ur-teeth-eclair-toffee is not my cuppa... brrr

Ratzzz said...

@ anki..jab party diya tab tho kalti maarlee... ab kyun pooch rahi hai .. pardeeeee

Ratzzz said...

@ work hard..


feel free and go ahead.. but u really need to work hard :D

Ratzzz said...

@ tony anna...

its not the chocolate anna.. its the dumb guts these ppl have and taking u for granted, thinking we ll accept anything..

Ratzzz said...

@sandoz..

aama nanu sanjay singhania/ramasamy... and i am gonna flash my amex card at the chaat walla next time.. podanga....

Akilan said...

@rat

:( :(

anyway, from this year the same people from guindy canteen are running the canteen. Its better than before. :):)

Saim said...

ohh this is just too too gud...Rat u've dun it, u hv just made my day...well, its night now, so u hv made my night:D
well dun though...thts how u get oversmart humbugs bak in place!!!

Ratzzz said...

@ AKi..

ah!! i ll look forward to the chilly parotta then!! awesome stuff they make

Ratzzz said...

@CN


Ah... and with this u made my day!! :-)

Akilan said...

You come to college and I'll get you chilli parota on all evenings. :)

PS: I like chilly idly too.

vijay said...

same here in b'lore.... u never get change of upto 5 rupee at times...

Ratzzz said...

@ Aki..

do.. vanduten.. i miss those delicacies...